A new Task must be created every time when there is a need to report a bug or submit a work request, question, or enhancement. To create a Task:
- Select the Track tab.
- In the Tasks List sub-tab, click the New button. The Task Info sub-tab appears.
- In the Assign to drop-down list select a team member to whom the new task should be assigned.
- In the Type drop-down list, select the nature of the Task:
An error or defect that has been detected in the application.
Work that needs to be carried out.
An issue or problem that has to be clarified.
A feature that can improve the application.
- In the Priority drop-down list, select the level of urgency of the Task:
Minimal effect to the project.
Task should be carried out right after high priority tasks.
The action must be taken as soon as possible.
- In the Severity drop-down list, select the Task’s level of importance:
Task has no significant impact to the project.
Task has a moderate impact to the project.
Task is critical and the project cannot continue until the task is resolved.
- In the Status drop-down list, select the current status of the Task:
Task is not completed.
Task is closed.
Task is completed.
Task is a duplicate of another task.
Task has been canceled.
Task has been temporarily put aside to be resolved later.
Task has been validated.
Task has been fixed.
- In the Due Date field, enter the deadline for completion of the task. Note: If the Task is not resolved before the selected due date, the red bell is displayed on the Track tab.
- Type the subject and description of the Task into the Subject and Description fields correspondingly.
- If necessary, enter the URL of the web page related to the Task into the Attached URL field.
- Click the Add button to finalize the creation of the Task, otherwise click Close. Note: Once the task is added to the system, it cannot be deleted!
- Click the Close button again to return to the Tasks list.