Note: Only the users with a certain level of authority are allowed to perform this task.
Please refer to the System Groups and Project Roles chart to figure out your eligibility.
To create a project,
- Go to the Project Settings tab.
- In the Configuration pane select the Projects link.
- Click the New button.
- Enter the name and version of the new project into the corresponding fields.
- Select an appropriate project type in the Type drop-down list.
- In the Owner drop-down list choose an owner of the project (by default, a person who creates the project).
- In the Copy drop-down list choose if the new project should be created blank or based on an available existing project*. In the former case, select --New Project (no copy)--, in the latter, choose an appropriate existing project, a copy of which should be created, and select if the source project’s requirements or test cases must be transferred to the new project by selecting the corresponding check boxes.
- Select the status of the new project in the Status drop-down list. The available statuses represented in the table below:
Project is currently open for viewing and editing.
Project is closed and can be viewed or edited by the System Administrator or the Manager of the project only.
Project is marked for deletion and can be viewed or edited by
the System Administrator or the Manager of the project only.
Once the project is marked for deletion, the System Administrator
can delete it from the database.
- Type a project description into the Description field.
- Click the Add button to finalize creation of the new project. Otherwise, click Cancel.
- Click the Close button to return to the Projects list.
- *Note: Only the projects to which the user is assigned are available for copying.
- There are three types of project available: Functional, Monitoring, and Load for functional testing, Web application performance monitoring, and load testing correspondingly.