Test data can be added to a data table manually or copied from a spreadsheet application.
To add test data to a data table,
- Go to the Project Settings tab.
- In the Configuration menu click on the Data Tables link.
- Select an appropriate data table by clicking its name in the Data Tables list.
- Go to the Test Data sub-tab.
- To add test data from a spreadsheet or a word processing application, such as MS Excel or MS Word, copy the required data from the source file to the SiteTest data table by placing the data from the source file in the Windows Clipboard and then clicking the Paste button in the Test Data sub-tab. Note: The pasted data will replace the current data stored in the data table.
- To add data manually, create the necessary amount of rows and columns by repeatedly clicking the Add New Row and Add New Parameter (column) buttons.
- Enter the data into the just created cells by selecting each cell one by one and typing in the appropriate values. (Click on each cell once to select it and then again to enter data).
- When data entry is complete, click the Save button.
- To undo all changes to the data table, click the Undo button.
- To copy the entire contents of a data table to another data table or to an external application, click the Copy button. The data is placed in the Windows Clipboard and can be pasted to any appropriate location.