How to review the network performance in a windows server usage monitor?
To review the network performance on the Network tab of the windows server usage monitor page, take the following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the desired Windows Server Usage monitor. The Monitor Details page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the Network tab of the Monitor Details page. The complete detail of network performance parameters of the server appears, which includes number of performance errors, information about server machine, network transmitted (MB/sec), network received (MB/sec), network sent packets, network received packets, and network received packet errors.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Network field to choose the desired network connection of the server. The network performance details of the selected network connection appear.
- Click the Time Range buttons – 6h, 24h, 1w, and 1m – to query information about the network performance of the server during the selected time range. The graphical presentation of Network Transmitted (MB/Sec), Network Received (MB/Sec), Network Sent Packets, Network Received Packets, and Network Received Packets Errors for the selected time range appears.
- Float the mouse over the time-axis of the graph to view numerical presentation of the network performance at that particular instant of time on the time axis.