How to Get Started with the Monitoring Service Control Panel?
The first interface on the control panel to access our monitoring service is the Operational Dashboard. The Dashboard has three main sections – Monitoring Results Summary, Monitor Groups Overview, and Link to Show Alert and Warnings.
To get started with the control panel, take the following procedure.
- Access the control panel of our monitoring software. The Operational Dashboard interface with three sections appears.
- The Monitoring Results Summary section has two fields that can filter – time range, and monitors with different status.
- Click the drop down arrow in the time range field to select the time duration –Last 1 Hour, Last 6 Hours, Last 12 Hours, Last 24 Hours, and Real Time– to narrow down the desired status results with respect to time range.
- To narrow down the status of the monitors, click the drop down arrow in the monitor with different status field to select the desired choice from the available options –Monitors with Alerts Only, Monitors with Warnings Only, Monitors with Alerts and Warnings Only, or All Monitors.
- In the Monitor Groups Overview section, click on any monitor-group. The monitor-group will expand, and the list of all monitors in the group with their respective performance parameters appears. This section provides the drill-down flow to all performance parameters of the monitor.
a). The Home Group is the default group, which is created by the software system automatically.
b). The Monitor Groups Overview section provides the drill-down flow to all performance parameters of the monitor.
- To view the performance overview of any particular monitor, click on the desired monitor in the expanded monitor-group. A new modal window with the performance overview of the desired monitor appears.
- To view more details of the performance data, click the View More Details link. The Monitoring Locations Details page with more information appears.
- Click on the Link to Show Alerts and Warnings, to display the list of alerts and warnings in a new window. In this new window, the list of notifications for alerts and warnings generated on all monitors during the period selected in date range combo box hours are displayed.
Note: This section provides shorter / direct navigation to issue details and will be filtered by the time range selected in combo box and other filter parameters.
Note: You can navigate to any other feature, or function supported by our monitoring service through the Drop-down Menu and the Create link located at the upper-left corner of the control panel.