How to edit an existing notification template?
To edit an existing notification template, take the following procedures:
- Click the Notifications link in the left navigation pane on the control panel. A four-tab window appears.
- Click the Notification Templates tab. A list of all existing notification templates – excepting the default ones – appears.
- Locate, and click the desired notification template that you want to edit. The Notification Template Details page with multiple editable fields, buttons appears.
- To edit the notification template, make changes via the below mentioned fields, and buttons.
Template Name: Change the existing name with the new desired name, if you want. To make it easier to understand, always try to give an intuitive, and structured name.
Template Type: Change the existing template type with the new one, if you want with the help of drop-down arrow.
Email Subject: Change the existing subject with the desired new subject of the email that will be generated by the monitoring service software. The subject should be chosen in such a way that, it clearly conveys the information that the template is meant for.
Email Body: In this field, make changes to format the message with the help of multiple parameters located on the right side of the field.
- Click the Reset to Default button to restore the email template to its default settings, if you want.
- Click the Close button at any time to cancel the changes in the template, if you want.
- Click the Save button, once the changes in the editable fields are completed. The changes made to the notification template would be saved, and the template appears in the templates’ list.