How to add a new notification group?
To create a new notification group, take the following procedures:
- Click Notifications link in the left navigation pane on the control panel. A four-tab page appears.
- Click Notification Groups tab. The list of existing notification groups appears.
- Click Add Notification Group button. The Add New Notification Group window with multiple editable fields, and check boxes appears.
- Fill up the following fields in the modal window.
Notification Group Name: Enter a suitable name of the notification group. To make it easier to understand, it is recommended to enter an intuitive, and structured name.
Notification Group Type: Our monitoring service software supports five types – Email Alert Notification Group, Email Warning Notification Group, SMS Alert Notification Group, SMS Warning Notification Group, and SLA Notification Group – of notification groups. Select the desired type via the drop-down arrow.
Notification Template: Every notification group supports one default template for both the email, and SMS notification. Choose the default template with the help of drop-down arrow. You can also define a customized template in the Notification Template tab.
Who Belongs to the Notification Group: In this section, a list of existing contacts appears with their respective check boxes against each contact. Select the check box against the contacts who you want to add to this notification group.
- Click the Add New Contact link, if you want to add new contact other than existing ones in the list.
- Click the Close button to cancel the creation of the new notification group at any time.
- Click the Add button, once the fields are filled up. A new notification group is created, and it appears in the existing notification groups’ list.