How to review the windows process monitor's overview data
To review data on the Overview tab of a Windows Process Monitor, take the following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the desired Windows Process monitor. The Monitor Details page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the Overview tab of the Monitor Details page. The list of the last poll values of different statistics, and the server resource utilization trends for the last 24 hours appear.
- There are two columns of information on this page. The left column displays the performance failure errors, server configuration, warning/failure summary, and the process/resource status of last monitoring poll – while the right column depicts the server resource-usage trend for the last 24 hours.
- To review the status of resource utilization for the process under citation during the last monitoring poll, locate the desired statistic name from the list in the left column.
- To review different parameters – CPU Usage (%), Physical Memory Usage (%), Disk Utilization (%), Network I/O (MB/Sec), and many others – at length, click the respective graphs. The individual details of the parameters appear in the separate window.
- Float the mouse over the time-axis of the graphs, the numeric presentation of the parameters for that particular point of time on the axis appears.
(((((((((((((((Second Snapshot to be inserted here))))))))))))))
- Click the Monitor Notification link in the left column to view the details of warning/alert notifications.