How to review the disk utilization/performance in a windows server usage monitor?
To review data on the Disk tab of a windows server usage monitor, take the following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the desired Windows Server Usage Monitor. The Monitor Details page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the Disk tab of the Monitor Details page. The complete profile of disk usage of the server appears. The page displays the information about the disk drive, disk usage (%), disk utilization (%) – disk read times, and disk write times –, and disk queue length.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Disk partitions’ field to select the desired partition. The details of the partition format, total volume, and the volume used is displayed.
- Click the Time Range buttons – 6h, 24h, 1w, and 1m – to query information about the disk usage during the selected time range. The graphical presentation of Disk Usage (%), Disk Utilization (%), CPU System (%), and Disk Queue Length for the selected time range appears.
- Float the mouse over the time-axis of the graph to view numerical presentation of the disk usage at that particular instant of time on the time axis.