How to create a new notification template?
To create a new notification template, take the following procedures:
- Click the Notifications link in the left navigation pane on the control panel. A four-tab window appears.
- Click the Notification Templates tab. A list of all existing notification templates – excepting the default ones – appears.
- Click the Add Notification Template button. The Add New Notification Template form with the default settings appears.
- To customize the notification template, fill up the following fields.
Template Name: Enter the name of the new template that you want to create. To make it easier to understand, always try to give an intuitive, and structured name.
Template Type: Choose the type of the new template – Email Alert Template, or Email Warning Template – with the help of drop-down arrow.
Email Subject: Add a suitable subject to the email that will be generated by our monitoring service software platform. The subject should be chosen in such a way that, it clearly conveys the information that the template is meant for.
Email Body: This field is very important to carry the details of the problem that is being escalated via this template. In this field, format the message with the help of multiple parameters located on the right side of the field.
- Click the Reset to Default button to restore the email template to its default settings, if you want.
- Click the Close button at any time to cancel the creation of the template, if you want.
- Click the Add button, once the settings are completed. The newly created notification template appears in the notification template list.