How to review the monitor level notifications?
To review the monitor level notifications, take the following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the desired monitor. The Monitor details page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the Notifications tab. The details of monitor level notifications generated during the last 24 hours (default) appear.
- Click the Time Range drop down arrow to select the time duration for notifications. The list of multiple time ranges such as, Last 1 Hour, Last 6 Hours, Last 24 Hours, Last 1 Week, and Last 1 Month appears.
- Choose the desired time range.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Location field. The list of all supported geographical locations appears.
- Select the desired location of which notifications, you want to review.
- Click the drop down arrow in the Notification Type field. The list of options – Alert, Warning, and Select All – appears.
- Choose the desired notification type.
- Click the Update button to generate the desired notifications of the monitor. A complete report based on the selected criteria appears. The report consists of two parts – notification summary, and the list of notifications.
- In the notification summary, the number of total alert notifications, warning notifications, and number of affected monitors are displayed.
- In the list of notifications, all notifications generated during the selected time range appear.
- To have a deeper perspective on notifications, click on any one from the list of notifications. A new page with more details about that particular notification appears.
- Click the active area of the notification to get more information about the latency, 24 hour's trend, notification snapshots, and check analysis, if any. The desired details appear.
- To review the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) parameters, click the active area of the check details. The RCA parameter page appears.
- Click different tabs of the Root Cause Analysis page to get more information about the reasons of the technical problem.