How to configure the advanced alert escalation in existing monitors?
To configure the Advanced Alert Configuration of an existing monitor, take following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane on the control panel. The list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the desired monitor. The Monitor Settings page with multiple editable fields appears.
- Scroll down to the Advanced Alert Escalation option in the Alert Configuration section. The six levels of alert escalations along with their respective check boxes (starting from level-2 through level-6) appear.
- Click the check boxes against the desired escalation levels. For example, we select the check boxes up to Level-4 escalation. You can select one or more than one escalation levels up to level-6 maximum.
- Click the Select Group drop down arrow in the Level-2 escalation. A list of all existing alert groups appears. In our case, the list of six alert groups – Test Notification Group, Level 1 Alert Group, Level 2 Alert Group, Level 3 Alert Group, Level 4 Alert Group, and Level 5 Alert Group – appears.
- Choose the Level 2 Alert Group from the drop down list.
- Select the check box against the Notify When Failure Has Been Cleared option in level 2 escalation. You can also leave it unchecked, if you want.
- Repeat the same procedure for Level 3, and Level 4 escalation to configure the advanced alert escalation options. You can configure all levels of alert escalations by following the same procedure.
- Scroll down to the end of the page to show the Save button.
- Click the Save button. The Advanced Alert Escalation has been configured successfully.