How to install our monitoring agent software?
To install our monitoring agent software on a server, take the following procedures.
- Log into the server on which, you want to monitor the running services with the administrator privileges.
- Log into the monitoring service subscription via a web browser. The monitoring service control panel appears.
- Click either the Monitors link in the left navigation pane or the Create button, and choose the Monitor option. The list of different categories of monitors appears.
- In the Server/Device Monitors category, click any one of these links – Windows Server Usage Monitor, SQL Server Usage Monitor, Web Server Usage Monitor, or Windows Process Monitor – to download the monitoring agent software.
- For example, click the Windows Server Usage Monitor link. A new window Create New Windows Server Usage Monitor appears.
- Click the Download the Agent button. The monitoring service agent will start downloading on the server.
- Click the downloaded file, and then the Run button to install the monitoring service agent file on the server.
- Click the Next button. The Authorization window appears.
- Enter the Email, and Password to access your monitoring service subscription. The Application Key field appears.
- Enter the Application Key by copying from the Create New Windows Server Usage Monitor page.
- Click the Next button. The Installation Features window appears.
- Select the desired features that you want to monitor. You can select one, or more than one features, if you want. All processes running on the server will appear in the installation features list.
- Click the Next button once done with desired installation feature selection, and choose the installation folder. The monitoring service agent software will be installed in the specified folder on the server.
- The desired installation features would be installed on the server that you want to monitor for its services.
Note: The names of the selected monitors in the Installation Features step will be automatically created by the monitoring service agent software. The names can be changed through the Monitor Settings of the respective monitor configurations.