How to configure the SLA settings of a monitor?
To configure the SLA Settings in a monitor, take the following procedures:
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. A list of all existing monitors appears.
- Click the monitor in which you want to configure the SLA Settings criteria. The Monitor Details page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the SLA Settings tab. The SLA setting details page appears.
- Select the time zone for the SLA settings with the help of a drop-down menu in the SLA Schedule Timezone field.
- Select the days for which you want to schedule SLA monitoring (Sunday through Saturday) in the SLA Schedule fields.
- Choose the desired SLA time intervals for each selected day. The default value for time intervals is 24 hours. Select the Custom option via the drop-down menu to customize your time interval settings.
- Enter the expected availability ratio (in percentile form) in the SLA Conditions section. You can disable SLA goals by clicking the Disable SLA Goal link.
- In the SLA Report section, click the Add SLA Report button. The more options related to the SLA report appears.
- Click the drop-down menu in the SLA Report Schedule field to instruct the monitor to send SLA reports – Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or None – to the concerned groups.
- Select the check boxes against the groups to which you want the monitor to send the SLA report.
- To add more SLA reports, click the Add SLA Report button again, and repeat the above two steps.
- Click the Remove link at any time to remove the SLA report configuration from the monitor.
- Click the Save button once the SLA settings are completed. The SLA settings to the monitor has been added successfully.
Note: To send SLA reports, a prior configuration of SLA notification groups is required.