How to add a new quote on the control panel?
To add a new quote on the control panel, take the following procedures:
- Click the Billing link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The Billing page with multiple tabs appears.
- Click the Quotes tab. The list of all existing quotes submitted by you – if any – along with the Add Quote button appears.
- Click the Add Quote button. The Create Quote page with multiple editable fields appears.
- Enter the required data in the following editable fields.
Pay Cycle: Click the drop down arrow in the Pay Cycle field. The list of available pay cycle options – Yearly, 6 Months, and 3 Months – appears. Choose the desired option from the drop down list.
Valid Until: Click the Calendar Sign against the Valid Until field. The current calendar appears. Select the desired validity date your quote with the help of the calendar.
- Click the Add Monitor link in the Monitor Cost section of the page. A set of additional fields to choose the type of monitors and related information appears.
- Fill up the following fields in the Monitor Cost section:
Monitor Type: Click the drop down arrow in the Monitor Type field. The list of all monitors supported by our monitoring service software appears. Select the desired monitor that you want to use in the quote from the drop down list.
Interval: Click the drop down arrow in the Interval field. The list of monitoring intervals supported for the selected monitor appears. Choose the time interval that you want to use for the selected monitor.
Steps: This field appears only in case when you select the Web Application Monitor in the Monitor Type field. Enter the number of steps used in the web application monitor.
Monitors: In the Monitors field, enter the number of monitors selected in the monitor type field. This number denotes the total number of monitors that you want to use under the selected Monitor Type category.
Locations: Enter the number of locations from where, you want to monitor your service or server via the selected type of monitors.
Note: Other fields are filled up automatically by the inbuilt cost calculator. Also, you can add more monitor types by clicking the Add Monitor link, and repeating the subsequent procedure.
- Click the Remove button to delete any unwanted type of monitor added erroneously.
- Click the Show Quote Notes link. It will expand, and two more fields – Proposal Text, and Customer Notes – appear.
- Fill up these fields as given below:
Proposal Text: Enter the explanatory text of your quote in this field. It is an optional field. You can leave it blank, if you want.
Customer Notes: You can add the customer notes for future reference. It is an optional field, and you can skip it, if you want.
- Click the Save button once the entire form is completed. Your quote is created, and it appears in the list of existing quotes.