How to configure alerts in an existing monitor?
To configure alerts in an existing monitor, take the following procedures:
Note: You can temporarily disable the alert configuration by choosing the desired time interval (1 to 24 hours), and selecting the Disable Alert for Next check box.
- Click the Monitors link in the left navigation pane of the control panel. The list of different monitors will appear.
- Locate and click the desired monitor in which you want to configure the alerts. The Setting tab of the Monitor Details page appears.
- Scroll down to the Alert Configuration section. You can temporarily disable the alert configurations by choosing the desired time interval (1 to 24 hours), and selecting the Disable Alert for Next check box.
- Configure the following parameters in the Alert Configuration section.
This option allows you to receive alert notifications only if, your web environment is unavailable from a specified number of location. For example, if you want to receive alerts only after a monitoring check failed from certain locations, choose the number of failures from the drop-down list (e.g. 1, 2, 3, or all locations).
This option allows you to define when you should be alerted about a web environment failure. You can configure the alert to notify you about any web environment failures only after a specific, or consecutive number of failures, according to the values configured by you. Our monitoring service software supports the immediately after a failure or after 2 to 5 consecutive failures options. You can choose your desired notification configuration.
This option lets you escalate your web service failure to a particular contact group, if the web service failure exceeds the time duration set for the escalation. The monitoring service supports the time increments of 15 minutes to 12 hours.
This option lets you choose whom to escalate to by choosing a contact name from the drop-down menu. You can also add a customized group under the Notifications link. Choose the desired group or all groups in the list.
Notify when the failure has been cleared
The notification, when the web environment failure has been cleared, can be configured by choosing the desired contact group, and selecting the Notify when the failure has been cleared to check box.
Send alerts to the following notification groups
This option allows you to select check boxes against the existing notification groups.
Advanced Alert Escalation
Our monitoring service software platform supports the six levels of alert escalations – starting from level-2 through level-6 – that can be configured as per requirements. Select the check box located before every supported escalation level, and then click the Select Group drop down menu to choose the desired group that you want to send the alert notification. Select the Notify when the failure has been cleared check box, if you want to alert the group when the failure in web environment has been cleared. Repeat the same procedure for another escalation level to configure the same.
- Finally, click the Save button to save the alert configuration. The desired alert configuration is saved in the selected monitor.
Note: You can also add Alert Configuration in our monitors at the time of creation of these monitors too.